I spent my last weekends at the Rumah Anak-anak Yatim dan Miskin Sekinchan, Kuala Selangor to celebrate the orphans. The event was organized by the team Gombak Qaseh. As a volunteer, I was committed to make sure that every kids were enjoying themselves during each activities. Alhamdulillah, everything went very well as planned. After lunch and getting to know all the kids, we started with the indoor games; limbo rock game, musical chair, puzzle game, ABC, cap kelicap and hula hooping. After done with Asar prayer, we started with the outdoor games and it was even more hilarious as all the kids were trying very hard to win every game. Aku bersorak sakan tetapi penuh tatatertib. All of us were happy to the maximum! The closing game of the day was 'baling belon' after filling the balloons with water. Ketua kampung pun join sekali. Sempoi beb.
A brief tazkirah was held after Maghrib prayer before we headed for dinner.
For the closing event, the children were presented with their winning gifts, the goodies, and the money packet for each of them. The accumulative donation value was approximately RM10,000 and we handed in the donation to the Management of Orphanage. Alhamdulillah!
It was dreadful to see all the kids sleeping on a naked cement floor which only covered with a thin old mattress in a poor-conditioned room. How I wish I could help them.. Nevertheless, to watch all the kids' laughter and happiness really gave me a pure contentment. I can see that everyone was enjoying themselves and that was the best part.









5 comments:
Fulfilling btul hari2 kau.
I'm envious. XD
dulu masa saya join program kat rumah anak yatim. diorang menangis ramai-ramai tak nak bagi kitorang balik. sayu tengok diorang :'(
gonna go and cry now (T_T)
anis- hehehe..kadang2 je anis. nak ikut aku pi mount kinabalu next year?
eera- tu lah,same situation here.. watch them smile n laugh pun dah seronok :)
zain- big boy doesn't cry, please.haha
big boys don't cry in front of any living thing, fact. :D
Post a Comment